Warhammer 40K

Warhammer 40K is by no means a new acquaintance, I've known about the universe for a long time, but never quite dug deep into it. I felt it was about time I did.

Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series is a military science fiction series set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The series follows the exploits of Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt and the Tanith First-and-Only, a regiment of Imperial Guard soldiers, as they navigate the grim and war-torn galaxy of the 41st millennium.

The Tanith First-and-Only, also known as Gaunt's Ghosts, is a unique regiment with a rich history and a reputation for excellence in combat. As they fight in various campaigns against the forces of Chaos and other enemies of the Imperium, the series explores the diverse characters within the regiment, their struggles, and the harsh realities of war in the grim darkness of the far future.

Great writing!

Abnett's writing captures the gritty and dark atmosphere of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, blending intense military action with elements of politics, strategy, and personal drama. The characters' loyalty to the Imperium, their camaraderie, and the challenges they face make Gaunt's Ghosts a compelling and immersive series for fans of military science fiction and the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

This all seems much too fascinating to me to pass up, so if you are like me, I strongly recommend to first start with the game Rogue Trader, and then order the first book called The Founding, which contains the first three volumes in the series as one single book.

I'll update you all once I'm a bit deeper!

- Tobias Solem Posted on: 2024-01-22 13:30:26

clicktothetop
clicktothetop

All rights reserved - © Copyright 2024, Tobias Solem .