Solem Game Insights

Changes have happened on my YouTube-channel, which is a good thing.

The first few videos I posted there were back from the ARMA2-days, they were videos showcasing bugs and gameplay that felt relevant at the time - but that nobody (including myself) ever watches today.

Then when I began working as a teacher of photography and game design, I started using the channel as a teaching platform, recording classes and posting dozens of videos. The videos I posted there teaching Photoshop were the most successful ones, with around 12K views each.

Then I started dabbling in video reviews and gameplay videos from ARMA3 and other games I played, such as Magic The Gathering, and Escape From Tarkov. None of which ever reached more than a few hundred people (they were that bad).

Things are changing

So things are changing, and the YouTube-channel has been wiped of all the content. The idea is to make a channel all about games, and my insights on them as a game designer, games' community developer, TTRPG storyteller, and enthusiast of all game-related content (here's to hoping that will turn out into something fun!).

Note to future self: Check back to this post, and think on how many videos you've posted thus far, and how many you SHOULD have gotten out there. Topics like cheating in multiplayer games, why game development is hard, and why things take so long, are just a few of the things I want to cover. Let's see if I succeed.

- Tobias Solem Posted on: 2021-11-27 12:30:26

clicktothetop
clicktothetop

All rights reserved - © Copyright 2024, Tobias Solem .